Yes, I am 13 weeks pregnant! We had an ultrasound again today and everything looked good so we decided it was time to announce that we are expecting a baby April 1st 2013. I have had 4 ultrasounds so far to make sure everything is going ok.
Where did I leave off in our fertility journey? Oh yes, the surgery. We decided not to do it and try progesterone instead. So the plan was to start clomid once I had my next cycle since it took so long to ovulate after my first miscarriage. Once pregnant I would start high dose progesterone twice a day and baby aspirin daily (this prevents blood clots to the baby). Well, we got home and decided to track my ovulation. I had a pack of ovulation kits left and who would of thought that 4 days later I would ovulate on my own just 3 months after the 2nd miscarriage. We bought some early pregnancy tests and found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks. I started all progesterone and baby aspirin that day. So far everything is going well with the baby. The first appt at 6 weeks was nerve racking because we were so scared that there would be no baby or a baby without a heart beat. Luckily everything was great. We went back a couple weeks later and everything was great again, so they released me from the specialist and I have been seeing my regular OB for a couple weeks now.
My original due date was March 29th but Tristan and I new that was wrong. They were just going by the cycle dates. After 3 consecutive ultrasounds showing the baby was measuring 3-4 days behind, our reg OB changed the due date to match the ultrasound. So now we are looking forward to April 1st at the Terry house. We had figured our due date would be April 1 or 2 from the beginning.
I have been sick, still am sick. Threw up all morning yesterday on the way to work. Had nothing to barf into, so I dumped the water out of Everett's 2 sippy cups and threw up into them. Poor kid was asking for his water 20 minutes later. Sorry buddy you don't want that. I cleaned myself and the car up at my parent's house dumped the barf cups and went onto work a 13 hour shift. Oh the life of a pregnant lady. I have only had 2 mornings and one night of actual throwing up. The rest of the time it is just constantly feeling like I am going to barf. I was sick with my pregnancy with Everett til 16 weeks so I hope to be feeling better in a few weeks. For me it is the nights that are awful. About 6pm I get a headache, the nausea doubles and then it just increases from there. Since Ev doesn't go to bed til late, by the time we all get to bed I am pretty much about to die. Tristan is a wonderful help and I feel bad that he is a bit behind in school due to taking care of more things around the house. My mom is trying to help by watching Everett more so Tristan can catch up on his studying while I am working.
Can't wait to find out what we are having. Next ultrasound is not til Nov. 12th around 20 weeks. I don't think Tristan can wait that long. I was really hoping for a boy, but I now I kind of want a girl. We will see!
Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive of us through the last 12 months. Hard to believe the first miscarriage happend almost one year ago.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
13 weeks
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 5:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
hooray i am so excited! im still hoping its a boy :)
I'm so so so happy for you guys! I really hope you start to feel better soon, I know it's no fun.
Oh my goodness! I was just thinking on Sunday that I needed to email you to see how things were going. Hurray for being 13 weeks!!! It's amazing how your body changes. It took three years to get Noah and, just like you, 3 weeks to get this one that's coming. Just further proof that Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for our families and when these little babies should come. So, SO happy for you...and hoping the nausea eases a little. Love you Cherise!
Oh my gosh! This post just made my day, thanks for announcing it, I've been thinking about you! Congrats! And I hope you feel better soon, you are a toH woman!
SO SO SO SO SO SO Happy for you guys!!! xxoo!!! Love your blog, had a really fun time with the Chapmans last weekend in Henderson--kids are getting so big! Maybe well get to see you guys soon.
xxoo
sara
Congrats to you guys!!! I was wondering when we would hear from you again. Good luck getting to the not sick phase.
AAAAAAHHHHHH! I am SOOOO happy and excited for you!
Keep us posted regularly with all the news. Can't wait to find out who is on their way so I can whip up some baby blankets!!!!
Love, Cindy
Post a Comment