CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's a girl!

Most people know by now we are having a girl. I did not really want to tell people because we found out at 15 weeks and the baby wouldn't really cooperate to see everything. I felt like they were more guessing or basing it off the lack of a male private part. Tristan was so sure and so excited he decided we had to tell everyone. I have always remained suspicious of it, but yesterday at the 20 week ultrasound it was indeed a girl. She would not cooperate for them to look at her heart but we saw right away she was a girl. I just got an email from the doctor saying everything looked great and all was normal with the ultrasound. So glad the baby is healthy. Tristan thinks I did not believe it was a girl because I wanted it to be a boy so badly. I did have delusions of grandeur that when we went for the 20 week ultrasound they would say "It's a boy." Then all my plans and ideas in my head about my two little wild and crazy guys could come true. The nightmares of pink and frilly stuff, jewelry, headbands, and most of all playing barbies could end. (Those headbands with flowers the size of the kid's head just freak me out).

Honestly, what scared me the most about having a girl is the fact that I am not a girly girl (And all the emotions and drama that come with a girl). I wear jeans and a t shirt, no make up, a pony tail, and I hated dolls and barbies as a kid. If I couldn't stand to play them then, am I going to be able to sit down for hours and play them with my little girl. I decided that I will, and I will love it because I will be doing it with my little girl and watching her be happy will make it fun. Other mother's have told me that they don't play dolls with their kids, I won't have to play with my daughter. I have people all the time say, " You sit on the floor and play with your son for more than a few minutes. You shouldn't do that because then they expect you to play with them." Seriously? I am baffled everytime I hear that. I don't parent like that. I play with Everett all day. It is so much fun. We are always outside, or reading books. He is a complete joy. I wouldn't want to miss out on anything because I am on the computer or the phone or taking time to get ready. Everyday he does the cutest and funniest things. I can't wait to see what baby girl (who probably won't have a name til we are leaving the hospital and they force me to give her one)does even if it is playing girly things and spending my time in make believe land all day long. I went and bought some outfits for her; lots of purple. Purple was always Heather's favorite color. I decided that I wanted to dress baby girl in lots of purple in her honor because her auntie would have loved it. I think about how excited I was when Hannah was born ( I got a speeding ticket on the way to the hospital) and how much fun she was.

This little girl is already as stubborn as they come just like her cousin Hannah (she never moves or allows the doctor's to do what they need to. She is upside down on her head in every ultrasound and won't move despite tons of pushing prodding, pressure and wiggling). Oh the drama to come, which is what I am dreading. But thinking of all the fun I had with Hannah and how wonderful it has been to watch Everett grow, I am excited to meet this little girl. Everett carried pictures of baby sister (which is what he calls her) around all day long. He pointed out her feet and nose and proclaimed she looked like a gelseton which is skeleton in Everett language. He also wants to name her baby girl Halloween. Yes, he is in love with Halloween. He ate zero candy but just loved the ghosts and pupmkins and skeletons. He talks about next Halloween already and it's not even Christmas.

2 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy. Second of all, you are going to do great with a girl. I think you and I are alike in a lot of ways. I am definitely not a girly-girl. Of course, I've been given 2 girls and my first born is as girly as they come. I was very worried about it, but now I see it as a chance to learn from her to appreciate my feminine side and I can help instill strength and self-esteem in her. You will enjoy it more than you know.

Clarissa O. said...

Cherise, you're so funny! You will love you being a mother to a daughter, just like you do with having a son!