CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Doctor, Doctor!

Had my 38 week appointment today at 38 weeks and 6 days. I will be 39 weeks tomorrow, guess I am a bit behind with my appointments. I am so confused. I saw the same midwife today as I have the last two weeks. Last week I would not let her examine me. She told me I would be examined today and have my membranes stripped. YIKES! I read up on it and was not really sure I wanted it done. I am still doing ok with this guy inside, so why rush the delivery????

She examines me, saying nothing about my membranes. She then says wow you are really far along 2-3 cm dilated and 70%effaced. Ummm hello lady??? Two weeks ago I was 2 cm dilated and 80-90% effaced. Can you regress? I asked her that. She told me it is very subjective as different practitioners get different things. I did not have the heart to tell her she did the exam. When she looked at all the info in the computer, she realized she had done the previous exam. She said well I can see you being 80 today, I will put down 80 and two weeks ago you were 80-90, so you were probably really 80.

WHAT? I don't care what you write down, just put down what I am. So no wonder my you will deliver any day did not happen, I really was not near 90%. She still said that she does not think I will make it to my due date and that I likely won't make it through this week. But I don't really believe her after today's visit, so who knows. I had already prepared myself to go a week late. Then I prepared myself to be early. Now I am starting to prepare myself once again to be late.

I am still doing great, not very uncomfortable yet, so I am fine just waiting around. It just feels like time is not moving. Guess I will make it to goal 4 and 5. Tristan is taking one of his tests right now. I am not having contractions, so don't think I will go into labor before he gets home at ten tonight, and won't have the baby before I am 39 weeks tomorrow. Mission accomplished! (I am probably jinxing myself right now claiming victory early).

0 comments: