CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

30 weeks and 5 days

I had a check up today. I may have a urinary tract infection. No symptoms, but my test in the office was suspicious. I have been going potty a lot more lately but just thought it was from the pregnancy. So I had to go give an official specimen and will hear from the doctor in a couple days when she gets the results. Antibiotics will clear it up and she assured me it was safe. I lost almost half a pound since my visit 3 weeks ago. But I had gained too much in my opinion the last time, so I am glad it leveled off. I did not have the heart to tell her that my sister passed away while I was at my last appointment and maybe that could be why I have not gained weight. I just promised to eat more protein. My glucose was low at my check I did a few weeks ago and I have been really dizzy at work and almost passed out a few times. She gave me diet instructions on what to eat to keep my sugars normal. Lots of protein, little carbs. She does not want me fluctuating up and down by taking in a bunch of sugar. Too bad that is exactly what I was doing. I would eat a fun size piece of candy or a cookie and then feel better, but only for a bit. Egg whites, almonds, and chicken. Those are what she recommended. I have gained 19 pounds at almost 31 weeks, so overall my numbers look good.

She did an ultra sound to measure the baby. I guess that is what they do each time at kaiser. She measured all the bones and the head. I am right on target according to those measurements and the baby weighs 3 pounds and 6 ounces right now (average for this age). He looks so cute and was shy again today and would not show his face. He is still moving around a ton. I worked in the neonatal intensive care unit the last couple of days. And these babies were going crazy crying. All of a sudden my little baby started moving around and kicking like he never has before. It was too cute. You could see my stomach just a going and the nurse who was training me started laughing. Guess my guy does have good hearing despite his gazillion ultra sounds.

0 comments: