On saturday I had to work up in Hollywood. I got up at 5, and went and picked up a co-worker and then we meet another co-worker at our hospital in Bellflower so we could all three car pool. We had just gotten on the 101 when my phone rang. It was Scott saying Heather was not doing well. I said well I am not driving and I have to do this orientation so I will try and get Tristan to pick me up when he wakes up. Scott said but she is asking for you. I called Tristan who keeps his cell phone on silent when he sleeps and since it was about 7 he was not close to being awake. I called my parents, my dad was on his way out to Heather's. I told my dad to see what was going on and call me and then he may have to come get me. I hung up the phone and my co-worker did not even say anything. She just got off the free way and turned around. She drove me all the way back to my car and then the two girls had to go all the way back to Hollywood and were going to be so late. BUt that is what friends are for. At my new job I am working with several girls I worked with for the 5 years I was at UCI. 3 of them i am extremely close to and what a blessing it has been to work with them again. It is like being back with family, which is something I really need right now.
I drove to Heather's to find she was having some difficutly breathing despite the Oxygen and was very anxious. She would try and talk, but it sounds so mumbly you can't really tell what she says. Sometimes she is clear though. She could not get comfortable, she would not drink much or go to the bathroom. After giving her a cocktail of medications for pain and anxiety, she finally rested and looked comfortable. Jean, her friend and roomate from BYU, came to visit which is a double bonus cause she is a great nurse and was able to help out. I went home and cleaned and grocery shopped. Then on my way back to Heather's my sister in law text me saying Heather is asking for you and crying. I was already on my way and I only live 10 minutes away. We stopped and got gas and when we got there she was asleep. She never woke up the whole time we were there. She is getting weaker, but yesterday my mom was able to get her to drink some of her smoothie and to have soup broth. It is now monday morning and I will go and see her for a little bit today. She tries to tell me things but I can't make out the words sometime. Wish I knew what she wanted to tell me.
My mom was complaining about how we won't tell anyone what name we like for the baby and was saying how that means she won't like it. Heather was lying down with her eyes closed and all of a sudden sat up and pointed at my mom and told her "Mom it is not your baby". She lectured my mom on how it was none of my mmom's business and I can name the baby whatever I want. Then she laid back down and closed her eyes. Thanks Heather for always standing up for me. Even when you are so sick you are still being my big sister. Love you.
Monday, August 31, 2009
More on Heather (8/31/09)
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment