August 3rd is our big 2 year anniversary. Well I guess two whole years is not that big of a deal. But when I think of all the things we have done or been through in 2 years it is pretty amazing. Tristan is awesome. I am really blessed to have such a sweet husband who is so patient, understanding, and loving. I never have to wonder if he loves me. He is always telling me or showing me. He is helpful, making dinner if I can't, and he is the official dish washer, dish loader and dish unloader. He is so supportive too. We had so many people tell us that the first year or the first 3 years were learning periods full of adjustments, and struggles. I don't want to jinx myslef, but this marriage thing has been too easy. It is fun and wonderful. Tristan and I just gel so well that we never argue. Sure we have different opinions on things or like furniture in different places. BUt we just calmly discuss it and it never escalates into an arguement or disagreement. Its always akward when we are out with other married friends and they are bickering. So glad we don't have that problem.
The other night we were talking about everything that has happened in our 2 years of marriage. Here is what we came up with:
1. Got married in the temple
2. I could not find a nurse pracitioner job for a while after we were married, very stressful.
3. Tristan looses his job shortly after we were married.
4. I found a teaching job and nurse practitioner job. Both awesome!
5. Paid off my car.
6. Heather's cancer came back (poor Tristan was married to an emotional wreck).
7. Bought our house.
8. Tristan doing well in school, making dean's list twice.
9. Heather's cancer spread to her brain one year after it came back. (again emotional wreck)
10.Pregnant but told the baby was likely already dead. Turns out he is just a little guy and everything is ok.
11. Loosing my nurse practitioner job right after finding out I was pregnant. That was a 2 month ordeal of rumors and worrying.
12. Loosing my teaching job.
13. Diagnosed with placenta previa.
14. Found a job, not a great one but it's a job.
15. Tristan applying for grad school.
16. Found some lumps in my breast. Now I am going through the whole work up and since my insurance changed I have to start it all over again. Selfishly I hope my story ends differently than Heather's.
17. Paid off Tristan's car.
18. Two years of a happy marriage and the upcoming birth of our sweet baby boy.
I am really excited to see what this next year will bring. It will be so exciting with the baby coming and finding out where we will be going to grad school at. I am excited for our adventures together.
Here our some pictures from our Wedding day
Us leaving the wedding reception
Cutting the cake
My cute husband. 
The flower girls
Our debut as husband and wife
a few funny pics



Sunday, August 2, 2009
Happy Anniversary!
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 9:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment