Ok. So my blog does not post dates I write entries (did not know, thought it did). I have had people ask me when all this happened. It was on monday July 27th. Heather stayed in the hospital until Wednesday night. She received a unit of blood, and some platelets. Then received another unit of blood today as an out patient. Last night I drove her home from her son's birthday party (she made just a brief appearance on her way home from the hospital). Her lips were so pale a shade of white/bluish purple. I knew she would need more blood. Then I saw a nasty infected spot on her legs. I called the doctor who said how do you know this is cellulitis? I played the NP card and said she needs antibiotics now. But they lady said just to come in tomorrow, which was today. So she got her blood today and some IV antibiotics, and goes back for more antibiotics tomorrow for the infection. She also had some arm twitching last night, I could not sleep all night worried she was going to have another seizure. She is on medicine, but you never know.
I have been working like crazy at my bran new job. Working 6 days a week and working two jobs on one day each week. I am ready for this summer teaching job to be over. Only 2 more weeks. It is too hard to do that now that I am working 5 days a week instead of 3. I have not been able to give my parents or Heather the help they need and probably won't be able to for a while until I am off orientation and back to working only 3 days a week. People always ask me if I am concerned about my pregnancy. I don't even have time to worry, which is actually really nice. I have my first appointment next week at Kaiser. It is just with an NP. Seriously? What do they know anyway? I want to see a doctor.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Heather's home
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment