CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Heather the vampire!

I have not posted about Heather for a little while. Here is the latest...
Heather likes twilight, she has read the whole series twice (except book 4 not as good as all the rest), but I like to tease that she has a new obsession since she is still needing blood transfusions. Heather's body needs blood and it loves it. She always does so much better after a transfusion and looks better too. Her skin rivals the Cullen's when her count is so low.

Last week she was unable to get her chemo due to her low red blood count. They had given her a shot to make more, but it did not work. She then received 2 units of packed red blood cells. SHe was fortunatley able to get her chemo this week. So now her week off will be next week. They lowered her chemo dose by 25% since it is continuing to cause a problem with her blood count. Kind of a bummer since she has been responding so well, but perhaps it is just a little over kill. This stuff is pretty toxic, its the big guns.

1 comments:

Mindi said...

Just wanted to say hi! Feel free to email anytime re: application and whatever! I know what you mean, some people don't get anyting outside of their own little world! At least you guys are nice...I still have a bit too much attitude in me! Hope you had a great weekend!