CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 9, 2009

More about Heather

Well I have some good news about my sweet sister. I ran into the neuro surgeon Dr. Louden at work on thursday and he immediately asked about Heather. He wanted to know why she had not had her repeat MRI and come back to see him. I explained that she had antoher CSF leak back in april. He was so shocked and so upset that he did not know. He asked if it was over Easter. Yes it was, he was out of town for a while, but he said he was still mad that the other surgeon never told him. He wanted another MRI and I explained that Heather had one while in the hospital over Easter. We looked at it together right there at work. He was so amazed. one of the lesions is completley gone and all the others have continued to shrink from the radiation. He showed me the before and after pics from every single view of her brain. He is so impressed with her response. I hope her CT of her lungs and liver are improving as nicely as her brain. Can't wait, her scan is actually on wednesday not monday. She had it mixed up, but can you blame her with a gazillion doctors appointments to keep track of. She is meeting with Dr. Louden again at the end of the month once her head is completely healed and we will proceed with trying to do the gamma knife surgery.

Heather is getting stronger. She was walking with ease with her walker on Friday while our cousins were over visiting. Hannah is her biggest cheerleader. It melts my heart to see how excited she is for her mom to do the littlest things. This 6 year old totally gets it. She knows her mom is starting all over at learning how to walk and do everything. She was so excited that Heather got out of her bed and to the bathroom by herself with the walker the other night. And today Hannah called my parents to tell them that her mom had walked up the stairs to their condo with scott holding onto Heather's hips. Heather said Hannah cheered her on the whole way up the stairs. Hannah is getting more comfortable with getting on Heather's bed to watch movies or play games. She has been hesitant to do this, I think she is afraid she may hurt Heather or do something wrong playing around in the bed. I made a rule that when I go over there if Hannah wants to play then we play it in mommy's room and mommy can play with us. That way we are all doing something together.

Needless to say I left work on Thursday walking on clouds after all that good news. I called Heather and my dad from work fighting back the tears that her scan was so much better and there was so much hope from this doctor. Heather is definitely going to make it past the end of the year (which was the time we were given that she will probably pass at) and I couldn't be happier! Who knows if this gamma knife gets all the lesions in her brain and we can somewhat control her cancer in her body she could live several more years. Its all in the Lords hands but it is encouraging to know he is blessing Heather with so many miracles.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

What wonderful news just in time for mother's day! So glad to see Heather's fighting is showing results! And a happy first mother's day to you :-)

Cindy said...

That is such FABULOUS news! My cold/flu is almost gone and then I can come back over. We go to Josh's graduation next week and then hopefully our life will calm down.

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Blume Bunch said...

Oh my goodness! I cant stop smiling after reading your post!!!! It is truly amazing! She is a miracle! I pray that all continues to go well with her and your family. What a wonderful mothers day gift! Also, congrats to you! Everything works out in due time-you have witnessed that first hand. Always in our thoughts and prayers!!!
xxoo
the blume family.

Herlehy Family said...

That is the best news! Tears just flowed down my check reading this post. That is the best Mother's Day present to many wonderful mothers. Send our love and let them know that we are keeping them in our thoughts and prayers. Congratulations to you and Happy Mother's Day!

Catherine said...

Thankyou so much for posting this, Cherise! I'm so happy for Heather and for all of your family. Heather is such a fighter and she's so amazing, I'm happy that she's getting to see a little payoff for all of her hardwork.

And Congratulations on your baby new and Happy Mother's Day Pregnant Lady!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!