CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Celebrate Good Times

Yes it was mother's day yesterday and no I did not post about how totally awesome my mom is. Why? Cause it goes without saying. I have the best mom.

Tristan made a really cute card on line and typed a message in it and had it sent to the house. I had no idea what it was, thought it was a wedding announcement cause the name and address were printed on it. I was really surprised when I opened it up and it was a cute pregnant lady and said "For the mom to be." He wrote a really nice message about how I am already a good mom to our baby. You know, nice and sappy. I was not expecting anything so it really made my day.

Tonight we went out to dinner. It has been a long time since we went out to a dinner that was not taco tuesday at el torrito. We don't go out to eat much. Tristan is too busy studying to take that much time out at night to go out to eat, and I often get home too late to go out. Plus I usually have already had my dinner at work. We had a buy one dinner get one half off coupon for macaroni grill. I figured I could eat the bread they give you for an appetizer and then bring home my food for Tristan for tomorrow since I really can't eat that kind of food still. We went out to celebrate Tristan getting a 102.5 out of 100 on his physiology test. He just found out today after 3 weeks of worrying about what he would get. He thought he had done well on the first test but ended up not doing as well as he had hoped. He also felt like he had done well on this test, but with how the last one went we were not sure what to think. He had a very slim chance at the A he dreamed of in the class, but with this test, he is back in the game. Here is hoping the final next week goes as well. I am so proud of Tristan. He continues to improve every semester. He is even setting academic goals like getting on the deans list again. I never thought he would care about the deans list. The whole way to the macaroni grill I had to hear him sing a song about 102.5 to every song on the radio. He is like a kid at Christmas, so excited about everything. I hope he gets that excited when I get a big poochy belly in a couple months.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tristan is amazing! He is probably the most intelligent person I have ever met!