CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Heather/Why am I sick again?

This post is about a day late. It was Heather's birthday yesterday on the 22nd. Scott took her to lunch at disneyland at Blue Bayou (spelling may be wrong but its 0600 in the morning and I am not going to look it up). Then she got to spend her money Disneyland gives you on your birthday. She was only there a few hours but it wore her out. I hope she had a great birthday and am just grateful she got another one in. Happy 32nd birthday Heather.

So why am I up at 0600 on a Saturday. I have been up since 0500 actually. I have a really bad cold. This is the second big cold I have had in the last 6 weeks. I have had it for almost 2 weeks now. It keeps getting worse and I have been working everyday cause of orientation for my summer school teaching. The working everyday and not being able to take anything has really made it hard. I think I have a sinus infection which is going to be hard to get rid of without antibiotics. I have been up the last few nights coughing away and blowing my nose. My work is forcing us to take 6 12 hour days of unpaid leave in the next month, so I decided why go in today if I am sick. Might as well take my days off. Yes I am officially getting laid off. Last day of work June 30th but they are still making us take this unpaid time off which is about 2 weeks work. So i really only have about 2-3 weeks of paid work left. No new job yet.

3 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday Heather!

Cindy said...

YAY! for Heather. I'm so glad she was up to it.

I've had that yucky cold thing too, and parts of it are still hanging on. Like the cough. And now I think my allergies are kicking in and I can't tell which is what, except that I feel crummy.

I'm glad you stayed home. Take advantage of all the time off you can. It will help you get better.

Mrs. Haynie said...

oh you know what kinds of herbs i grow...:) i took some pointers from our next door neighbors in cali. they grow the most amazing green plants in their backyard :)