Heather went to her oncologist yesterday and got the results of her CT scan from last week. The doctor and the physician assistant both came in to see her cuase they both wanted to hug her and give her there congrats. Her scan of her chest/abdomen was significantly improved. Mostly the liver is what showed improvement and the rest of her cancer stayed the same. So they were glad that nothing got bigger and lots got smaller. She had her chemo again yesterday and will contiue with this regimen. Her last chemo she was on showed improvement after the first half of it and then stopped working, so I hope this chemo continues to work well. Heather has an appointment with her neuro surgeon today about gettig her stitches from April out, it has been over 6 weeks and she has not been leaking. Hopefully when the stitches are removed all will continue to go well.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is absolutely fabulous news! Congratulations!!! You all deserve some good news. Send Heather our love and let her know that she is in our thoughts and prayers.
That is great news, I hope it continues to get better!! She's had such a hard fight, what an amazing person (and I don't even know her:)
I love to read all you blog updates, but I always secretly dread that bad news will be there. I am so happy that you were able to put up such great news. What a fighter she is. I am so impressed with her.
Hey stranger! Congrats on Heather's good treatment and congrats to the baby that gets to be yours! I hope that over the next few months everything that has grown in Heather shrinks and that the "things" in you continue to grow. Take care of yourself! Miss your smile and the laugh.
Post a Comment