Who knows???? The kid would not cooperate with us today. I had an ultrasound at the genetics center of orange county, I am 13 weeks 6 days. They have a really fancy machine that you can see so much more clearly with than the one at my OB's office. It is part of the state screening program california is now doing for free. The tech performing the ultrasound said she would tell us the gender, but our little one would not stay on his back so we could never see. We had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and the N.P. thought it was a boy, there was definitely something there between the legs, but what was it we could not really tell. We could not get a close enough look to see and since I was only 12 weeks then it was way to early to really be sure. Then the tech who performed it today could not even get a look in that area. But she said based on her experience, and the shape and angle of the pelvis, it looks like a boy. Whatever that means, I know nothing about pelvic shapes. I am not running out and buying anything yet based off two best guesses that this kiddo is a boy. We will hopefully know at the 20 week ultrasound if this one will just cooperate with us. I can't believe how big this kid is now. In just 2 weeks the baby looks so different. Now instead of laying down all stretched out, the baby is sitting up and all curled up with no room to spare. This kid wants to be on its stomach. The tech would get it to turn or move and would start to get the measurements she wanted then it would do a flip or somersault and go right back to the same position.
So the jury is still out on this baby, Tristan was really bummed we could not find out. I was not planning on it as it is still really early. Plus, I like the mystery. I could wait til the little one came out to find out.
I am not showing yet, thank goodness cause I have still not told my work that I am pregnant. Still holding out for a job before I announce this. My sister Heidi brought me over a bunch of clothes this weekend and I am very surprised to say I got my almost 14 week self in size 4's. I have never tried that. Tristan said they looked good but i felt like I was being squeezed to death in a few of them. Too bad I will only be able to wear them for a few more weeks.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
We are having a........
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 2:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've had friends go in for the 20 week and the baby still wouldn't show itself...going to the bathroom, lunges, jumping jacks, etc. worked for my sis-in-law. We find out in 2 more weeks, I'm getting curious.
Lol, I posted a blog entry similar to yours like a week or so ago. (about not showing yet) and seriously all of a sudden I got a baby bump out of no where!! I was hiding it great at work, until I came back from the long weekend and everyone looked at me funny, lol, so I decided to tell them since I couldnt hide it. So be careful about jinxing it! ;) And sorry your baby was being so shy!! (ps, whats your blog email address? then I can add you to my blog reading list..) Hope you are feeling better!!
Julie
We didn't know that Garrett was a boy until I was around 34 weeks. He was shy. Hope the baby cooperates next time!
Post a Comment