Well the Terry/Luedtkes have all been sick. I think Heather's kids started it and unfortunately she got it really bad too. Both my parents were sick and now Tristan and i have it. It is the worse cold i have had and the longest. Due to our illness I did not get to update my blog about heather's latest scan and some people have been calling me to ask how it went. It looks like her bones are improving with this new chemo and bone strengthener, and the tumors she has in her liver and lungs shrunk. However, there are now more tumors in both the liver and lungs. Can we just get a break here???? So the new plan is to do some very strong IV chemo. IT is the same IV chemo her previous doctor wanted to do, but this new doctor felt it is very strong and dangerous and should only be tried if the oral chemo failed. Well it looks like we are back to where we were a couple of months ago. The oncologist has talked to over 15 other doctors and they all say heathers case is baffling. How can it shrink some and yet new ones grow. Everyone is trying to put their heads together in the oncological world and figure this out.
Heather has been very sick on this oral chemo she has lost 15 pounds in the last 2 weeks and she throws up all the time even on her week off chemo. She is very weak, pale and frail. She can't keep anything down so she is so dehydrated. She can hardly walk around the apartment and she has to have help to get up and down the stairs to there condo. I hope this new iv chemo will be like the last where she is so sick for a week but then has a couple good weeks. Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers. I will keep you posted.
On a side note. Heather's daughter Hannah just loves her uncle Tristan. THey were playing in her room the other day and of course Hannah wanted to play pretend as always. She has quite the imagination. She told Tristan that he was a boy from school and he wanted to play with Hannah cause he thinks she is also a boy. But Tristan is to act surprised when he finds out that Hannah is a girl. She just looks like a boy cause her head is bald from her cancer. Ok does that not break your heart that a 5 year old is role playing this all out. She also told me that she thinks a boy in her kindergarten class has cancer cause he has funny looking hair that Hannah thinks is a wig. I cant believe a 5 year old knows so much about this.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Latest Heather Update
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 9:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hannah is so cute. and i can just picture her and tristan playing together. she is definitely one smart little girl...ill keep praying for heather. love you guys!
I want to comment but I can hardly see my screen with all these tears. Seriously. I was tearing up reading the post and then I got the part with Tristan and Heather and then lost it. I always keep your family in my prayers and I hope you get some good news real soon.
Post a Comment