Answer is a whole lotta nothing. We have been keeping busy, but not doing anything exciting. Right now i am trying to catch up on "Lost" for this season while people are pounding and ripping out our kitchen lights. Yes our ugly panels of light surrounded by nasty wood will be gone today. We are getting recessed lighting today and crown molding in the little box that is cut out of our celing where our old lights were. It should look really nice and with this bad economy we got it all for half off. This is our last home improvement for a while (years). Over Tristan's christmas break we installed 2 bathroom fixture lights which we got for free from our citibank points. We also got some toilet paper holders with a wedding gift card we just got. Then with our christmas money we bought new door handles for all the doors and painted all the doors and door jams (actually my dad did the painting). It all looks so nice. And of course i love it cause we did not really have to spend any money to do it. I am a saver, so it was really hard to spend the money on the lights and not save it. However, we had to take advantage of this economy and get this kitchen spruced up. We have decided to post pone getting new windows and painting the outside of the house. Our goal is to save enough money to pay for most of Tristans grad school. A lofty goal, but if we can realistically pay for half of it that will be wonderful. Besides, once we got the new garage door, the house looked so good it doesn't need to be painted yet.
Tristan passed his EMT class he took over Christmas break. It was a challenge and there were weeks we did not know if it was going to turn out well. Yet Tristan stepped it up and on the last test he got a 96% and then he passed the final with 80.6%. YEAH!!! Now he is preparing for the national test to be an EMT. He takes it on Monday Feb 2nd.
As for me, I got another job. Yes that is three jobs on the tally sheet. My friend Sarah text me while I was on the way to the interview. I told her I was interviewing for a job and she wrote back asking me how many jobs a girl needs. Well in this economy it is more than one. In november we found out that my CHOC job was cutting our night call for the nurse practitioners. I was to start in november taking call from home one night a week for 300 bucks a night. We were counting on that money as our savings but they cut that program due to the debt the hospital is in. The month we bought our house, they cut my hours from 40 a week to 36 which cut our income and left us with no savings. THat is why we were counting on the night call money so much. To make up for this I am continuing to teach for Cal State Long Beach one day a week, but that will end in May. I needed to find a job for the summer so we can keep saving for Tristan's schooling. I called up Cal State Fullerton and they are looking for peds teachers for this summer. YEAH AGAIN! I went and interviewed and I will be teaching two summer sessions to total 11 weeks this summer. I am really excited to have this search out of the way.
I still have Christmas pictures to post and hope to do so this weekend. Sorry it has taken so long to write. I will also be updating about Heather as she just had a scan this week and we will find out on monday feb 2nd how it turned out. She had been very sick lately with the chemo and is loosing weight now from it so the doctors stopped increasing her medicine. HOpefully the scan will show that the cancer has not spread any further. It would be nice to have it show it improving, but i won't hold my breath.
Friday, January 30, 2009
What have the Terry's been up to?
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 8:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
It good to hear from you. We miss being in the same ward with you guys. Heather is in my prayers
Post a Comment