The above is a picture from Sunday, Heather's first real day of therapy. The physical therapist calls it the giant and the midget. Who is the giant?
I worked all day but was able to go visit heather after work and get the update from my family then. Apparently Heather used a walker today. She still can't really use her left leg and pick it up but hopefully it will get stronger. She is getting more fine motor control with her hands! We had a good visit and more of our extended family came to visit which really cheers up heather. It helps to pass the time and is much better entertainment than the t.v. She really enjoys her visitors. Everyone left around 8:00. I cleaned up Heather and got her all ready for bed. We watched movies and hung out unitl 10:00. I wanted to stay longer but heather was really worried that I would fall asleep on the way homne since i had been up since 5:00. Heather and I have always been very close, we were up at BYU together, which made us really rely on each other. Since we moved in July by her, i have seen her pretty much everyday. We run all our errands together. But this time with her has been my favorite. I have enjoyed watching her interact with so many people and spending our alone time together at the hospital.
Last night Hannah called Heather before bedtime and was very upset. She was crying and talking a mile a minute (complaining about her little brother). Heather reassured her that they would set some rules about the computer when she got home. Then Hannah started to cry again saying that she wanted to come and see her mother really badly all day and never got to. She went on and on about not seeing heather. This of course made heather cry and then i started crying cause i could hear their entire conversation and they were both crying. We promised Hannah she would get to come today after school. She stopped crying and made Heather choose a movie she could bring and watch with her mom. The choices:Wizzard of Oz or Kit Kittridge. Heather picked Kit. Heather made hannah a poster today and Scott took it home to her. Hannah also thanked her mom for it and told her how much she loved it and how pretty it was. THat little girl is so complimentary. She is so proud of the make over on the house. She tells everyone all about it and wants them to come and see her house. She asked Heather today over the phone "Can you hear me walking on the tile? Well it really isn't tile it is actually hard wood." Too cute. T
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Day 19
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 9:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love seeing this picture of Heather! Her smile melts my heart!!!
I am so glad she is doing so well.
What a tear jerker! I'm sure the hardest part about this is that Heather can't be with her beautiful children. Thanks for the posts. Heather looks beautiful! She always had the best smile! It's one that is contagious! It makes you happy just to be around her. Give her my love!
Post a Comment