Yes, I am back at the blogging. My first entry was more of a journal entry to let it all out. I never thought i would really be back to blogging. But then i noticed some of my friends had me on as there blogging friends. I was a little embarrassed cause i have this sad ugly blog with no pictures or color and a crazy psycho entry. What to do about it? Well, I have decided that i will enter the blogging world with my head held high. Yes, right now one foot is through the door, it is just my big ole' butt that is lagging behind. (what's new??)
Today's entries are about what i have been up to since my last blog. It is more of an ode to my new discoveries.
1. I read a fabulous book called Escape by Carolyn Jessop. It is about a woman who escaped from the FLDS religion. My friend Erin recommended it and generously lent me her book. I could not put it down. It was the first time in months that i stayed up late. I had t,o i could not put it down. Tristan now rates books i read according to how late i stay up reading them. So far escape has made the highest rating with a 0130 bed time. And on a work night none the less. Yes the next morning was tough on only four hours sleep. But no one died at work so i consider it a successful day! One of my co-workers recently asked me what i thought of the FLDS people in the news right now and I was able to share with her the stories from the book. She came back two days later and had read the book and of course she loved it. THANKS ERIN!!!
Pretend I put a picture of the book here. Cause if I new how to do that, that is what i would do next.
2. This is probably my most favorite of my two odes. It is a tv series called Veronica Mars. It is awesome. My sister heather asked my husband to get the series for her on netflix so she could have something to watch during her chemo treatments and while she recovers. Well last treatment i went with her and started watching the frist episodes of the series. I was so addicted I came home and that is all i have been doing since (ok not really but that is what Tristan would tell you). The show aired back in 2004 or 2005 and lasted three seasons. So if anyone wants to borrow them let me know. I am currently in the middle of season two. It just reminds me of my good old high school days when i was in love with the show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."
And yes buffy is better Heather!!!!
More to come when i figure out how to do all this fancy stuff! I am impressed i got the picture in the top up!! and yes i love exclamation points, at least for today's blog!!!!
Monday, May 5, 2008
It's been a while!
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 6:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment