CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

First blogging experience: More of a rant

Here it goes, my first attempt at blogging. Something I swore I would never do.


I am not one to conform to the fads. Anything that is popular i pretty much avoid. I was reading some blogs today and it got me thinking a lot about things and how i wanted to start my own to basically let people now what i think and how i feel. I am pretty good at keeping it all in but some things i found in my blogging adventures today just pushed me over the edge.


I love to take one day a month and check tons of blogs. Yes, i devote one day a month to my sinister hobby. You are probably asking yourself what is sinister about it? Well, i read blogs with the purpose of finding links to people i grew up with or have met in the singles seen and dying laughing as i see what they have been up to in the time we have been apart. I usually find many entartaining things. I get some of by best laughs out of others' blogs. Yes the laughs are more like cackles as i am usually laughing at their expense. Now it sounds mean, but it is just fun to see what has happened to people over time. I do not do this to my friend's or families blogs. those are the blogs i love to read and truly catch up on. (so sarah, erin, megan, heather, mary etc. you are excluded from my comments below).

There is just something about going on a good friends blog and seeing a link to an old friend i have not talked to since i graduated high school or college or sine they left the singles ward. It is a feeling of pure adrenaline; it gets me excited. Without fail 100% of those blogs have provided countless minutes of pure entertainment.



Why it is so entertaining to catch up with people via blogging:

1) You find the super hot girl or buff guy from high school is now almost three hundered pounds and is one of the most disgusting looking people you have seen. ( I am not good looking, but i never was so this does not apply to me).

2) You find that pretty much everyone where you grew up with still lives in the same town. (If you know where i grew up then you understand).

3) Even better than #2 you find they still live there cause they live with their parents.

4) Even better than #3, you find not only do they live with their parents but they are married and have children and still live with their parents. (actually i think it is funny for any married couple children or not to live with their parents, that includes guest houses or garages).

5) You find almost everyone you grew up with never came close to finishing college or never even went. (Hence why they still live with there parents).

6) I love people who say they just bought a house and you find out that their parents put a large down payment for them. UMM last time i checked that ment you did not own it you are only making payments on a house your parents bought.

7) Tops 6: People say they own a home but really there parents bought it and pay the mortgage they just really live in it. This usually ocurs when they have 3-5 kids and no career. Go figure!

8)People who gush about how much they love there husband every other sentence. (I love mine but come on nobody who is reading your blog wants to hear that junk just keep it to yourself or try limiting it to once a blog).

9) Some people just post some random things that make you wonder if their brain is working.

10) People who complain about how hard their lives but yet every blog they are going on a trip or bought a new flat screen tv. Yep life must be so hard.

My next list is not why i love to read blogs but more of a pet peeve I have with blogging that lead me to start my own. The following are discoveries i made today that inspired me to start this blog.

The church has recently been talking about how blogging is a good missionary tool and they are encouraging the church members to blog more. This is what made me think about starting a blog but it also made me think of why lots of LDS people's blogs are not great tools for this. This realization of how many inappropriate things are posted on blogs that do not comply with our standards of living or moral beliefs is what inspired this entire blog.

1)) People who are LDS and talk about all the movies they just saw which are R rated. Hello!!! (Totally gross PG-13 are included in the above statement).

2) People who are LDS and post pictures of themselves in out-fits that are totally skanky. (especially people married in the temple with pictures in tank tops or midrifts. COME ON)!

3) People who are LDS and post pictures of themselves in bikinis.
(Have you read the strength of the youth pamplet or did you miss that while you were a teenager cause you were too busy making out in the car during sunday school?)


4) People who are LDS and talk about gross sexual things in their blog or things that are totally inappropriate and they think it is so funny. (wether they think it is funny or not, it is wrong).

Well this is too long. If you have not notice this is not intended nor was it started to be a normal blog. It is just some of my thoughts.

1 comments:

Ligia said...

I recently found your blog and have enjoyed reading it. I'm sorry to hear about the ordeal your poor sister is going through. She is your sister right? Or was it sister in law? Anyway, I scrolled down to some of your earlier blogs and found this first one rather funny. I too refused to become part of the blogging world for the longest time but finally caved. Well, it's nice to see you on this thing. Take care and I will remember to keep your family in my prayers.