I missed my weekly post. Something I promised i would do if i blogged. I am realizing i have nothing of importance to blog about. No news of expecting, no updates about my cute children, nothing, zip, zero, zilch. I am boring. We have been in crazy house hunting mode. It only further depresses me when we go looking at homes. How can these dumpy tiny homes be so expensive?? Why do condo's have 400 dollar association fees when they don't even have a pool or bbq or playground. It is sad when you make more money than the average house hold and are looking at houses way below the average price and you still can't afford one. Our realtor pointed out that we could afford x amount a month and wanted to know why we were skimping on what we wanted our monthly payment to be. I had to nicely tell him about tithing. He thought we were crazy that we would throw away a so much money a month. Yes it is true that money would buy a very nice place but it is not even an option.
Other updates:
1) Tristan finished the semester and passed his dreaded chemistry class. I am so proud of him, but even better is that he is so happy with himself. He started his organic chem class today, a 6 week crash coarse. This could be a really bad 6 weeks of my life.
2)Tristan and i are trying to work out more and it is going pretty well. I am now only working 3 twelve hour shifts a week and the time off is nice; too bad i have to study for a national test this summer. I finished my job teaching at cal state long beach. It was my first time as a nursing clinical professor. It was so fun and i got voted the most fun teacher!
3)It was my sister Heather's birthday on the 22nd. Congratulations to another great year and to many more. Heather is battling breast cancer for the second time and just turned 31. Here is to a very sweet sister and someone who is extremely brave. Who would have guessed that the girl who was too shy to even order a pizza in college would be so fierce (if you watch project run way, you know what i mean).
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Busy Week
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 5:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
of course you would be voted most fun teacher..duh! and here is to many more years of fun for heather...i love that girl!!
So I had no clue that you were blogging. I'm so glad. It was nice to catch up on what you guys are doing.
And FYI you can buy a nice house with a pool for next to nothing in AZ right now. There are a bunch of foreclosures in our neighborhood (and most neighborhoods)and HOA's are really low and include nice parks, trails, and pools. The health care industry is also booming here. My sister-in-law is in PA school just down the street from our house. Anyway, this comment is way too long, I should have just sent you an email. Sorry. Hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment