CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

number Two

4/9/12:Miscarriage number 2. This time painful, back labor and dry heaving. I still had morning sickness for a week after. It started the night before easter, we hoped it was nothing. It continued all day Easter but spotting can be normal and I had it with Everett so we just took it easy. On the way to dinner at my mom's I had horrible pain in my lower back. I started crying Cuz I knew what was happening. By 4:00 in the morning I had not slept, was in so much pain and loosing a lot of blood. I had to have my parents come so my dad could drive me to the ER and my mom could stay with Everett. Tristan came down stairs at 5:00 to go to cedar sinai medical center in Beverly Hills for his nursing school clinicals. There we all were in the living room, even Ev was up. I had not told him what was happening because he would want to stay and help but he really needed to be at school. You can't make up clinicals and I didn't want him to be behind. He went off to clinical and Dad and I to kaiser Riverside. My dad waited in the waiting room. Both miscarriages I have been alone in the ER. This time was awesome though. In and out in under 2 hours. No IV fluids and the sweetest Dr. and nurse. Last one the Dr. was such a jerk. Once again there was no baby on the ultra sound. HCG extremely low. Same story, you could be micarryong, have an early pregnancy, or an ectopic. We won't know for 2 days till repeat hcg. On repeat I was already back to normal so it was a micarriage.

I was devastated all day Monday but then it was move on with life the next day. Everett doesn't give me much choice. on the bright side we got pregnant on our own. We were in the middle of the fertility work up but had not started any treatment yet. They do all testing around your cycle. I had everything ordered and was waiting for my cycle but it never came because we were pregnant. I thought we were. My problem is I don't ovulate which means you can't have a child. No egg,no child. I was taking some all natural stuff to help and it worked. My doctor cancelled all my work up signed off on me and said, you should be fine. Lots of people have a miscarriage it was likely a fluke thing and you are pregnant now on your own so you don't need me anymore. Three days later I called back and told her the bad news. New plan is to treat my infertility if I still have ovulation problems after this miscarriage, and now to treat me after pregnancy to help keep the baby. My doc was nice and said luckily I do both as a reproductive endocrinologist; Help you get pregnant and help women keep their pregnancies. My regular OB also said that they don't worry until you have 3 miscarriages. Then you are officially labeled as having recurrent miscarriages (which only happens in 1% of all women). I am lucky they are not making me wait til I have 3 to get help. After two cycles I will re start the work up. Which means the earliest I will be on medicine and trying to have another one is July/Aug. I was so nervouse about switching to Kaiser for our insurance provider in 2009 but it has really been a great experience for us and I have loved all my doctors and specialists.

First baby was due June 20th 2012. That would have the kids little over 2.5 years apart. This one was due Dec. 15th making them a little over 3 years apart. Now who knows. I always wanted my kids 3 years apart but with my age felt like I didn't have the luxury of that spacing. Now I will have even more spacing which is probably a good thing because Everett needs a lot of growing up still. He is so sweet and fun and a great kid. He has my undivided attention all day long and does not like it when I am on the computer even. If he is watching a movie, I must be on the couch next to him. He does not like nursery because Mommy is not in there. I don't get it because I am gone 2 days to 3 days all day long, you would think he would be used to being without me. I guess that is why he is so obsessed with me when I am around, because he is afraid I will leave and be gone 15 hours.


Ok long blog and I typed it all with one finger while Everett is on my lap watching his morning wake up tv. Our half hour is up now, he is telling me its time to jump on the trampoline and go see the trash cans (Its trash day). We will play outside all day. At least we already have awesome tans to show for it.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, oh, oh. Dang it. I've been checking your blog regularly for news. I'm so sorry. Gosh, your story sounds so similar to Meredith's. Hormone levels so low, no ovulation at all, finally get pg and then can't keep it.

Glad you have a good doctor. Keep us posted. Crossing our fingers for you guys!

xoxo

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Wow. I read your previous post about your struggles with TTC #2 and I thought about commenting then, but feel I should comment now.

First of all I'm so sorry to hear about the latest development. I cannot even imagine what you are and have been through.

My husband and I have been trying for over 8 years to get pregnant with our first child. We're also seeing a reproductive endocrinologist. Our issues are different from your issues - but we are similar in the fact that we want to have children but are having issues with getting pregnant (or in your case, staying pregnant). It's been hard for us - there are times where I am having a hard time and then there are times when I'm just going through the flow. I won't go into all of our details but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and that if you ever want to talk, feel free to email me - ldsworkingstudentgal@gmail.com.

I'm hoping that they'll be able to pinpoint more of what your issues are. Wishing you all the luck!

Ligia said...

I'm curious as to what natural things you were taking? I have never had these issues but I like having good info to share with close friends who do.

Also, I was wondering if you've ever done a juice cleanse and tried wheatgrass juice or powders? If you're interested in trying other natural things to help increase fertility, I'd highly recommend those.

Recently, I came across the most fascinating article by The Green Smoothie Girl (not sure if you're familiar with her work but she's an amazing woman who teaches these free classes all over the nation) that may be of some interest to you. Anyhow, the article is on flouride. Not sure if you've replaced your toothpastes already and use clean drinking water, but it may be something to consider for your fertility health if you haven't already thought of it. Here's the link:

http://blog.greensmoothiegirl.com/2012/04/16/flouride-its-a-poison-not-a-cavity-preventer/

Good luck and thanks for sharing your sensitive story. It helps to write it out. Think good thoughts. Your little boy will have a sibling soon enough. Sending good vibes your way sweet girl. :)

Julie said...

Sorry Cherise :( you are a strong woman and I look up to you for your outlook on life and your faith. Good luck with number 3, my friend had 2 miscarriages and is now almost full term with number 3...so here's to 3!! I wish we were still in the same ward and were mommy friends!