People keep asking me if I am alive and ok. We are alive and I am doing much better. I can't believe Everett is 5 months and a week and the last pictures on here are of him around 9 weeks. I had really good intentions to keep blogging,but once I returned to work there was just no time. We have a crazy schedule, but Tristan and I are managing to have one of us with Everett each day. There is one to two days a month where we are both gone (he school and me at work). So Oma (my mom)pitches in and adds one more kid to here day. Here is how we have worked it out. Tristan is in school for 13 hours Two days a week, so I have Everett all by myself the entire day. Then I go to work 2-3 days a week. I do 12.5 hour shifts, but I commute far so it is a 15 hour day for me. I work two days one week then three days the next then back to two. I am waiting for a part time position to open up so I will only be gone two days a week. The days I am at work Tristan has Everett for those 15 hours. He does a wonderful job. I don't know how many dads could be alone without help taking care of a colicky baby for 15 hours straight. Tristan has really impressed me and I am so grateful that he is the most helpful husband ever. It is a group effort to ensure that Everett is with a parent each day. So Tristan and I have 2 days together which Tristan spends studying the entire day since he does not get any studying done while watching Everett. So far it is working out well. I had a lot of sleeping problems but I am taking some sleeping medicine and it has really helped. I feel so much better. I had a lot of anxiety about leaving Everett and going back to work. I was so worried Tristan would not be able to take care of him for 15 hours. I would panic. But that has now resolved and things are looking up. Tristan graduates in 3 weeks. We are so excited.
We can't wait to go to Utah and Idaho to celebrate his graduation and take a little vacation before he starts working. We are going to go to rexburg Idaho to see Sarah's new little baby boy. Everett loves babies so it will be fun. Sarah and I have been best of friends since we were 14. We got married within 6 months of each other and have had baby boys within 5 months of each other. Too bad we live so far from each other. I can't wait to hold a little baby again.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Yes we are alive
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 7:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment