Everett is 2 weeks old today. He is such a joy and so stinkin cute. We love him so much. I need Tristan to help me put pictures up. Apparently I have been putting the full image size on blogger and it says I don't have anymore room to put photos up. I need Tristan to show me how to do reduced pictures. So hopefully tomorrow I will have plenty of pictures of my sweet little boy posted. For today I will just update on how things are going. Tristan posted the last post with the pictures announcing Everett's arrival. I don't like those bare shoulder pictures being posted, sorry for those that had to view them.
People have been asking for the birth story. Woke up at 4am thinking did my water break? Same thing at 5 and at 6 and then at 6:45 big gush so we called hospital and went in. Got there at 8. My blood pressure and the baby's heart rate were very elevated so they admitted me right away. They originally wanted the mid wife to evaluate if my water had broken cause at the hospital nothing was leaking. But they admitted me due to the other problems. They watched me for 2 hours, my blood pressure and the baby's heart rate lowered but I had no contractions on my own. The midwife did not want to examine me as at risk for infection with broken water. She said it may be urine not my water broken but they started me on pitocin anyway. 2 hours later I was still not feeling any contractions, but the monitor showed I was having plenty. They upped the pitocin and in 10 minutes it was like hello we are in labor. They had told me to plan on 15 hours as that is the average first time labor. Well a bit later I got my epidural which I asked for as soon as I got to the hospital. They checked me right after my epidural and I was an 8 (no wonder the contractions were really strong), fully effaced and station 0. But they found that my water had not broken. Ooops probably was not supposed to be in labor. I was basically induced. 2 hours later they checked again cause I told them I felt lots of pressure to push. I was a 10 and ready to push. They could not believe how fast I had gone. The pitocin was started aroun 10:30 and around 4:45 I was ready to push. I pushed for about 1hr 15 minutes. They had trouble getting his head out (and it is not big at all). I finally begged for an episiotomy cause I could feel everything going on and was sick of her trying to get the head out by massaging it as I was out of steam and she said I was going to tear anyway. I thought it was funny when the anesthesiologist said you won't feel your contractions but you will feel the pressure and pain below so you can push effectively. What, I thought no pain with this epidural??? I am sure it took of the edge, but I was telling the nurse ok here is another one lets push. It acutally worked out well cause I was able to tell when to push on my own and feel what I was doing. She finally did the episiotomy and a couple minutes later Everett was born. 2 minutes later I delivered the placenta. She said that was record time and she has done over 5,000 deliveries just at kaiser. I was pleased with how fast it all went. He was so alert and nursed right away for a long time.
Everett eats well, and likes to eat. I am up often nursing him and he takes a lot of effort to burp so it takes a bit to burp him and get him to sleep in between feeds. He eats for a long period of time and likes to eat on both sides. it is usually an hour to hour and a half process to get up change him, feed and burp, and put back down. Then he is up in another hour to 90 minutes to eat again. I don't get much sleep, but he is not fussy so I can't complain. He gets gassy but he does not cry, just squirms. I am trying to sleep when he does, but it is really hard to sleep during the day. I am very careful about what I eat too. It is tiring but well worth it, and I am glad he is such a good baby.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
2 weeks old
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 3:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad everything went well. I love, love, love epidurals. I can't wait to see pictures of him. John had his two week well-baby check and gained over a pound! I'm so glad Everett is a good baby.
Can't wait for the new pictures! I'm glad things are going well.
Love You!
I am so happy for you guys! You all look great! Everett is such a little stud! Congrats! :)
Loved reading your story. Glad all went so well. And in my opinion, bare shoulders are beautiful. But I love figure drawing so that's just my opinion. You are gorgeous. :o) Take care and have fun with the new little bundle.
Post a Comment