CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 7, 2009

Grattitude

This week I have had nothing but grattitude in my heart for my family. I am lucky to be part of such a wonderful family. I have the best parents, and adore all of my siblings. It is so nice that we all get along and that each of the in-laws fit into the family so well. I am grateful that Scott will always be a part of our family even though Heather is not here. We have had a family dinner each night (fri, sat,and sun) and were able to have Scott and the kids with us. It was so neat to see Scott playing a game with all the older nieces and nephews and how much they love him. I also have amazing cousins and aunts and uncles who have really pulled through for us during all this and are wonderful examples and supporters. The Chapman family has been amazing and it so neat to see how much they cared for Heather. I can't even begin to express my grattitude to the ward Heather and Scott are from. They have done more than ever expected or I could have ever thought to ask. What examples of Christ like love and service.

After Heather's passing the only thing Tristan to say was "I am so grateful for Jesus Christ." What a renewed faith and a stronger spirit I have felt all week since Heather's passing.

I am also grateful for everyone's love and support and especially your prayers. It was so nice to see how many people loved Heather. The funeral was packed. It was a beautiful service ( I am sure my opinion is biased). We had friends come from all over. I even got the best surprise ever at the funeral. My two roomies from University of Utah (who I think are the most quality women I have ever met and admire them dearly) flew in that morining and left right after the services. Although they had only met Heather a couple of times they came to support me. I did not even know they were coming. So many people who Heather had even lost touch with in the last few years while she was sick and did not do much emailing or calling came to the funeral. Heather always thought she was invisible or not well liked. I hope she realized after Saturday that she was so loved.

0 comments: