CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

28 weeks

I will be 28 weeks tomorrow. I had my OB appointment the day Heather passed. Weird that I was watching an ultra sound of my new little life coming to this earth at the exact same time Heather was leaving the earth. I had just had an ultra sound last thursday but since this was my first doc appointment at kaiser and my first time meeting the doctor she wanted to see the baby for herself. Like I was going to object. She said she was more concerned with looking at my amniotic fluid level than measuring the baby since we just had that done. I guess my small belly is fascinating to all. The doctor was concerned that since my stomach is so small that maybe I did not have much fluid. But I have "plenty" according to the doc. I told her that people always ask me if my baby is ok or if my due date is off and that I don't look 28 weeks pregnant. That is when the truth came out. She said honestly when I walked in and saw you I thought there is no way you are that far along. Hence why she wanted to do an ultrasound herself. Our little guy is in the 50% percentile for weight. I hope he stays that way, especially now that I will have a regular delivery. I have gained about 16-18 pounds and have 12 more weeks to go. She told me to plan on being late. WONDERFUL!

I also passed my glucose test with flying colors. After drinking that sickeningly sweet stuff my blood sugar was only 80. I was supposed to have an appointment today with the surgeon to check on my new friends but they cancelled it an hour before. Luckily they just called me and rescheduled it to tomorrow. Thank goodness cause it has taken me months just to get the appointment I was supposed to have today.

0 comments: