I went for my breast ultrasound appointment today. I was a bit disappointed. When I first called to make the appointment they said ok your left breast ultrasound will be this day.. UM WAIT! I have lumps on my right. Why are you only doing my left? I was ticked off that if they are going to ultrasound why they don't just do both sides. But turns out they only look at the area of interest. I had to wait until they got the order clarified to the RIGHT side so I could make my appiontment. SO today everything was set up fine. I get in there and they are only ultrasounding the upper part of my breast cause that is the area of suspicion. COME ON! YOu are right there and you won't even take a look at the whole thing. Oh well they looked at where they needed to and the tech could not see anything. She called the radiologist cause apparently I am a special patient. I have a big fat sticker on my chart that says: "High Risk" Isn't that nice. At Kaiser it is protocol to call the radiologist right there for breast ultrasounds. He did not want to come down and look for himself, he thought I was fine to come home and they will tell me what the official read is. The tech explained more about why the doc does not want me to breast feed. Ultra sound is only 90% effective. I need a mammagram ASAP. But can't cause pregnant, and won't beable to while nursing. So I need to stop nursing quickly or not nurse at all so I can have a real screening. I still want to breast feed for 3 months at least, the doc says one month. We will see who wins.
Another policy at Kaiser is that if you are pregnant and having any type of ultra sound they have to do a quick ultra sound and check the heartbeat. I guess there was a law suit at one time where somebody went in for another ultrasound then a week later the baby was stillborn. They maybe could have detected it sooner or found a weak heartbeat if they had just checked while in for her other ultrasound. So I had ultrasound number 11 (i think too many to count). This kid may be deaf with all the soundwaves.
OK I know this sounds lame, but I am finally so excited to have this baby. I have been so wrapped up in everything else. Finding a job, Tristan applying for grad school, helping with Heather, and worrying about my parents, Scott and the kids. But today was the first day I felt nothing but elation when I saw this little guy. He is so adorable. He is already in the head down position with his head way down ready to deliver, so she could not get much of his face. But he was just gulping away the whole time. How is there still any fluid in there??? It was so cute. He always has his hands over his face, but not today. I loved seeing him. He is sunny side up right now, so all he needs to do is flip over in the next 10 weeks. He is so low, I have carried him low my whole pregnancy. My mom is worried he is going to come too early because he is already so low. I am still telling myself he will be late so I don't get frustrated. I have my next OB appointment next week. I will get some info about when I will be off work. You can go off at 36 weeks. But I think that is pretty wimpy, even for somebody on there feet for 12 hours straight. Knowing my luck I will be 2 weeks late and then I will have wasted my time off and be so bored out of my mind. But when I am big and fat I probably will be ready to be off at 36 weeks. I am just going to play it by ear.
Monday, September 14, 2009
2 ultrasounds in one day
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 7:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment