CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Done with Radiation

Heather completed her radiation yesterday. She has not had any more vomiting since Wednesday night. She is very tired. She only got out of bed today to come and eat dinner. But once she got up, she felt ok and even went to sit onthe couch after dinner. She said she was really dizzy yesterday but feeling a bit better today. Scott took the kids to a baptism for his side of the family and I made dinner and took it over to heather my mom and dad. We spent a couple hours just sitting around them dinner table talking. Her home health nurse has been coming by and the physical therapist is to come by again this week. THey are both really nice and dedicated at getting Heather what she needs. We have the challenge of getting Heather to her appointments this week without the help of the ambulance company. It will be a challenge to master those stairs leading up to her condo, but once she is on the ground we can get in her in wheelchair or she can use the walker and get in the car. I am going to start lifting my weights in preparation for getting her down the stairs. I am thinking about just throwing her over my shoulders and running down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Start eating your spinach, Popeye.

Mrs. Haynie said...

i just had a vision of you throwing heather over your shoulder and it made me laugh so hard!

Herlehy Family said...

I am glad to hear that Heather is done throwing up! I hope that you find a strong man to carry Heather done those steep stairs...she needs you healthy to help take care of her. You are all in our thoughts and prayers!