Today was Heather's fourth radiation treatment. She is very tired. She threw up three times last night. It is concerning since that was what she was doing prior to her hospitalization and it was caused by the pressure in her head. Her brain swelled from radiation and she ended up in the operating room having emergency surgery. The tumors are gone that were contributing to the swelling and part of her bone is shaved down to allow for the swelling during this round of radiation. But we are expecting her brain to swell despite the steroids. We just have to hope that her head and brain can accomodate all this swelling. Good thing is that she is stil alert and oriented. We will keep our eye on her and hope there is no more vomitting. She has her final treatment tomorrow and then we meet with the oncologist on tuesday. I am wondering what he will say to us and what her chemo regimen will be. Everyone at the radiation place is so surprised by how good Heather looks and how well she is doing.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Heather is an AMAZING fighter! We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. Give them our love.
I don't like the vomiting at all! Dang it. I'm glad today is the last day of radiation. I wish Tuesday was tomorrow so we didn't have to wait. BUT, I agree. She is a different person than last week. Yay!
I am glad that Heather is doing well. But that's too bad she is vomiting. I keep praying for her. I pray that she will be comfortable while she is home with her children. She deserves it!
Hope all goes well for her...she has been fighting so hard...thinking about her all the time...
Tonya
Post a Comment