Heather is doing well. There have been some adjustments and hurdles to climb. She had a visit by her home health nurse and they removed the staples from her head. she still has the stitches in i think and they will be removed at the neuro surgeons office soon. I don't have much to update. She has wonderful friends and family that come and visit and bring food and play with the kids. She had a friend from college fly in this weekend just for saturday to see her. I am so amazed at everyone's love and concern and generosity. Our cousins drove all the way just to bring Heather a home made pie. Which i heard was delicious. They are working on getting a better schedule done for having women come in and help Heather with her physical therapy. She spend most of her day on the couch so that she can be out with the kids or visiting with guests. Tomorrow will be her first day of radiation,she will get treatment monday through friday. The ambulance company is to come and transport her to St. Joes. I will let everyone know how that is going. I am working almost every day since one of my co-workers is on medical leave and the other is on vacation. that leaves me to hold down the fort almost every day. I can't wait for the next 3 weeks to be over cause I won't be able to spend very much time with Heather. So I apologize if my updates are not very consitent but I will try.
On a personal note, (what i would blog about if I was not doing the Heather updates) my hubby got an A- on his organic chemisty test. This is a huge deal because he has struggled with chem for the last 2 years. He also got an A on his community Health test he took online this weekend. I am so proud of Tristan for doing so well in school. I know it has been hard for him to concentrate and study hard with all this going on with Heather. He has been by my side for so many long hours and helping out my family. I am so proud of him and hope this semester continues to go this way. We will start applying for grad schools this summer for his physician assistant program and know how important the good grades will be!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Adjusting to life at home
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, if it helps her get her appetite back and gives her some strength, I'll make one everyday! Don is bringing her a big chicken burrito with lots of guacamole for lunch in a couple of days. She promised him she'd eat it with him!
Thanks for the update. Hope to see you soon.
Love You!
ps: Hurray for Tristan!
good job tristan! im so proud and look up to you guys in so many ways for being so strong. keep up the good work...and remember to apply to grad schools up in northern utah or southeast idaho, please.....please! i need cherise to live by me!!!
Glad to hear all of the good news about Heather and all of the support and love she is receiving! Congrats to Tristan too, yep we know all about the grades issues!!! Every A helps! Seems like PA programs are getting more and more competative every year! Good luck, it is totally worth it!
Post a Comment