So excuse the greasy hair (hence why i am wearing the hat) and my adult onset acne and non make up face. Heather has a good style going on too. I asked her if she stuck her finger in a light socket when she got up this morning. Too cute I love it!
I am sure that after the post on Saturday people are curious to get caught up. I am proud to say there is not much to say. On Saturday Heather was a new person. Still weak, but had color in her face and her spirits were up. She was able to get to the bathroom in her hospital room with the walker. That is about as much physical activity as she can endure. She did not get radiation over the weekend so maybe that helped her feel stronger. However, she did have an MRI on saturday so the neuro-surgeon can take a better look at her brain. A cat scan is like a polaroid it shows you an image quick and id's big tumors or masses. The MRI allows you to see more of a 360 view and you can see all parts of the brain. The MRI ended up showing that instead of 4 lesions that are on the original cat scan, that Heather actually has 10. It does not change the current plan as she is still going to get radiation. But of course must i say it again, can we just get a break from constant bad news???
Heather is having difficulty holding her spoon or cup to feed her self, but not giving up. I told her it is ok to be a little sloppy to maintain some autonomy and still do some stuff for herself. She can not hold a pen well to write and her soduku (don't know how to spell it) puzzle was a bunch of scribbles instead of numbers. She had a bad Saturday night with some vomiting and nausea. She does not get good sleep either at night. She has been doing better with the vomitting yesterday and today and they are going to give her some sleeping meds tonight.
We don't know when she will be getting home. Her condo is on the second level and it would be so hard to carry her up and down those stairs daily to get her to and from radiation. She still needs to be in the hospital as she cannot eat much. So the next step will be what to do for nutrition. Iv fulids is electrolytes and sugar, but not nutritional. There is some IV stuff you can get called total parenteral nutrition that has all kinds of vitamins and stuff in it. So she will either need that or a tube in her nose to feed her. I hope not that. Plus i still think that will make her barf.
Today the neurosurgeon came and told heather the results of her scan. After he left she pretty much put it together that her life would be short. Later when her friend came to visit she sat there brave and told her friend she would be dying and thanked her for being a good friend. That is my Heather gracious and kind even in a moment like this. Thanks to everyone who has emailed or commnented on this blog. The memories and love you have shared for Heather with me are precious. People we have not seen or spoken to in years have some how found this blog and some even have shown up to the hospital. It is amazing how wonderful our network is as members of the church.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Hospital Days 2-4
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 8:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Love the hair too- but mostly i love the smile. thanks for the update- i wish i were closer and could visit. i hope they are all taking good care of her. love you heather
I love seeing Heather's smile, it warmed my soul! Thank you for keeping us up to date. We will keep Heather and your whole family in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for the picture! After the last post it was so good to see you all smiling!!! Although in my mind you are both still little girls! Everytime I think of Heather it's her at Fred & Carol's wedding reception in Whittier. Camille was video taping it to send to me on my mission and Heather walks up to the camera and says, "Mrs. Peacock's a man!" It makes me laugh everytime I think of it!!! So, thanks for making me smile! Hang in there we are all praying for you! Sandy
Hi Cherise-
This is Barbara, Erin Huss's mom. I just wanted to let you know that I am amongst the many that are praying for your sister and your whole family. God Bless you all.
Barbara Stotko
Thanks for the updates. I'm sure you are physically and emotionally exhausted, but we appreciate you taking the time to put up blog posts. Tell Heather hello and that we love her.
Cherise,
It is so good to see your smile. We have had some great moments together, haven't we? You and Heather are still beautiful. You and your family will constantly be in my mind and in my prayers. I love you and your family. You are wonderful people. I will be thinking about you. Hang in there. Love, Melinda
What a couple of beautiful sistahhhs!!! Good thing families are forever! Stunning!
Marianne
Cherise, It has been years since I've seen any of your family, but Deanna has updated me on Heather's cancer. I remember the happy dancer in Miss Robin's YMCA dance class who became such a good friend to Deanna when she moved to Meadow Green, And you... what a beautiful young lady you are. I remember you as a Kindergartner! I am so grief stricken at what each one of you is going through! Please say hello to your Mom and Heather for me. You will all be in my prayers.
Mrs. Durazzo
Post a Comment