The day before New Year's Eve my brother Fred and his wife Carol and their four children came to town. We had fun hanging out with them and Scott and the kids at my parents house that night. Then on New Year's Eve Scott's family, Eric's family, Fred's family, us, and my parents all met up at the cemetery (we missed you Heidi). We wanted to see Heather's marker at the cemetary. It is beautiful, and the message on it touches me. That is exactly what Heather cared most about in life was that her children new she did all she could to stay with them as long as she could. That she did not just give up and say I would rather die so I can be out of pain. She fought and went through surgeries and treatments even when her doctor's had given up. All because she wanted to keep fighting for her children. After the cemetery we went to Eric's house and had tons of chinese food and played games. Everett was unusually good that night. He fell asleep while nursing at 7pm and slept until 1am at Eric's house. It was so nice because Tristan and I were able to talk and play games. We had so much fun. I nursed Everett at 1 am and we did not even get home until 2am. Boy was it hard to get up at 4 and nurse again. I don't have any pictures of New year's Eve and we did not do anything on New Year's day, but enjoy the following.
Everett at 5 weeks
Everett and mommy
Everett and mommy both asleep
Heather's marker. It reads: May my children know "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my coarse, I have kept the faith"
Pictures of all of us at the cemetery
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
New Years and Everett at 5 weeks
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 5:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment