CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

25 weeks

I have received multiple comments asking how I am doing, how the baby is and the pregnancy is going. Plus people want to know about all my doctor appointments. Well, everything is fine but changing docs and insurances during your pregnancy is not so smooth. I was told that on Aug 7th I would have my first OB appointment with an NP at Kaiser. Tristan and I show up and turns out it is only with a RN and she is just taking a history. this is standard protocol at Kaiser before you see and OB. They get all your history, date of last cycle, fam history and order a ton of labs. Did they not miss my belly when I came in, I am not here for my 6 week appointment. NOne the less I had to jump through the hoops. They ordered all the pregnancy labs again in case they don't get my records in time from my other OB. At that point I was 24 weeks and still had 16 weeks til I deliver so I don't know how long they thought it would take to get them. At the end of the appointment I told the nurse that I felt the baby move once or twice for about 3 days ina row at almost 22 weeks but nothing since then (now 24 weeks). I still am sleeping on my stomach so I was worried I had smashed the little guy. She talked to the NP and they did a quick ultra sound. i just wanted to hear the heart beat, but they insisted on the sonagram. LIke I was going to complain. My litte guy was sucking his thumb when we first saw him on the screen. They got him to move around and the NP kept saying don't you feel that? NO, I did not. He was moving around for 5 minutes and I felt nothing.

Now a week later, I am feeling him again and what a relief to know he is ok each time he kicks me. So they set up an appointment for me for Aug 11th to see an NP and so I can get a referral to a breast surgeon for my three new friends I made in June. I affectionately call them Lumpy, Bumpy, and Frumpy. Then Kaiser called that day of my appointment and cancelled. I luckily was able to get in yesterday (friday aug 14th) due to a cancellation. otherwise I was going to have to wait til the end of hte month. I had my 24 week checkup yesterday at 25 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I have gained 12 pounds. The baby had a really strong heart beat. The NP was really great. what a relief. I have my 28 week check up at the end of the month, at only 27 weeks cause the doctor will be gone for a couple weeks. I will due my glucose test then too. The NP wanted to do a special ultra sound ASAP so I should be hearing from Kaiser next week to set that up. My other doc wanted to wait til 30 weeks to see if my placenta had moved, but this lady said she is afraid I will start bleeding cause I work so much on my feet that she does not want to wait. She also said that they sometimes don't get the records and she would feel more comfortable knowing for herself what is going on.

The policy at Kaiser for placenta previa is a c section at 39 weeks unless you start to spot earlier. I am glad it will be at 39 weeks and not 37, gives me more time to get ready for the baby. She did say that if the cervix is less than 50% covered I can do a trial vaginal delivery and if I start to bleed they will wisk me away for an emergency c section cause both the baby and I could die. HELLO?? Do you really think after you just said that that I would want to even try it. UMMMM NO THANK YOU!. I don't want a trial delivery where I could bleed to death. So we will know in a couple of weeks what is the plan.

As for my three little friends who have taken up residency in my right chest.... I was to see a surgeon in July but she could never fit me in and my insurance ran out before I could get in. Now that I have changed insurance I am starting the whole process over again. At my appointment yesterday, I was telling the NP how my last doc could not feel them until I showed him where they were. She said oh yeah this big one up here. WHAT??? BIG ONE?? WHERE??? NO. I just have these three little ones down over here. Apparently she felt a very large one up towards my right arm pit. After she saw the freaked out look on my face (cause I was thinking cancer spreading to my lymh nodes) she said Oh I am sure it is just your mammary glands getting ready. SURE LADY! Thats what they told my sister, she was the same age as me and had just had a baby. They were sure it was just mastitis when Heather went in.

No, I don't think I have cancer and I am not going to worry until I know what it is. But I can tell with everything that has happened to Heather and how similar the situation is that I have one nervous husband and two very worried parents. I think they will just be benign tumors, as I have had one once before. I will be seeing a surgeon once they call me next week to set it all up. He will likely order an ultra sound and see what is going on. If they are tumors, and just not swollen glands or cysts, then I will have them biopsied and we will know exactly what is going on.

Please nobody worry about me until it is necessary. Right now I am enjoying being pregnant, feeling my little guy move and spending my time with my family.

0 comments: