CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 26, 2009

Heather update and cute Hannah Story

Heather is doing well. She had a lot of back pain last week, probably cause she is walking around now without a walker. You can tell she uses her arms to help her balance as she is still a little unsteady, but she does not drag her left foot anymore. She used to walk everywhere with her walker and take the wheelchair to her appointments, church, or to family member's homes. Now she takes a walker to her appointments, and walks around home without anything. She uses the wheelchair to go out shopping or with friends, or to disneyland. All of these are things we were not sure she would ever do. Luckily thanks to conitnued shrinkage of the tumors in her brain (and body) her motor function has steadily improved. She went for her follow up MRI and to see Dr. Louden about her gamma knife surgery. Since the tumors are either staying the same, or still shrinking, there is no need to do the surgery at this time. She will have regular MRI's to follow up every couple of months. As long as they do not grow, she will not need the surgery since it is no longer impairing her gait and she is doing so well.

Now for my cute Hannah. She loves to come up and kiss my tummy and hug it and say hello to the baby. The other day she came up and hugged me from behind and squeezed my bum and said hi to the baby. I thought this was odd. "SO I said what are you doing?" She just looked up at me and so matter of factly said, "Well Oma (my mom) said you are carrying the baby in your rear!" I could not stop laughing. She took it literally, or she is just too smart and was sticking it to me. Yes, I finally gained a couple pounds this week, and it is all in my lower body. I still fit in my pants and nobody else can tell, but apparently my mother can. My mom told me from the beginning that it would happen. Thanks to her family's genes, that is where the baby weight goes first. Too bad I can't be like my sister Heidi who just looked like she stuck a basketball under her shirt even at 9 months pregnant. Now I am determined to start to work out again. I have not worked out since all this happened with Heather and then being so sick with the pregnancy I never had the strength. I just started feeling better about a week and a half ago. Now there are no excuses, got to be sure my tummy is the only thing growing. We find out what the baby is on Thursday. Will it be a little Tristan or Trista???? (And NO, neither of these are names we are even considering)

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Haha. My rear and belly are bigger. I have the same genes your mother gave you it seems (Grandma Duffy passed those ones along). I'm jealous, we find out in a little over two weeks because we have to travel back to UT for the doctor's appointments. Let me know what the baby is.