CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Oppostition in all things.

Here in the Terry home we have had some good times and some not so good times. A little over a month ago we found out we will be having our first baby, we were in shock. Of course we did not want to tell until the whole miscarriage thing was not much of an option anymore. I am over 9 weeks. We were not going to tell until after the first trimester, but Tristan is really excited and can't wait much longer. We had our third ultrasound this week and saw the heart beating and the arms and leggs moving around. The chance of miscarriage at this point is less than 5% so hopefully we won't be in that 5%. When we went for our first appointment the doctor said that either I was only 4 weeks pregnant (thought I was 6) or that the baby had already died. Great! He never even gave us a due date. He ran all the tests gave me prenatal vitamins, told me he was sure everything was fine and to come back in 3 weeks when I would be 7.5 weeks. But he really was not committed to this, I could tell. I went to a free clinic where they asked me to be an ultra sound model and we were able to go and have another ultra sound only 4 days after that first doc appt. In just 4 days the baby had grown. I was 6 weeks,not the 4 my doc said and we could see the heart beating. Well that was reassuring, but I still was not convinced everything would be ok.

Last week I found out I will most likely be losing my job in july. I am the provider and carry the insurance and I would get a 5 month maternity leave at my job that is paid cause I have so much vacation tme. Now I will have none of this. I have been looking for a job for a week and nothing, not even for regular nursing. If i can't transfer somewhere at CHOC (the hospital i work at) then I will have to find a job else where and loose my long maternity leave. Bummer. I have been really upset. So upset and crying all the time that we were worried the stress was too much for the baby. Luckily our ultra sound we just had on wednesday showed all is well. The doctor was surprised to see in the 3 weeks that the baby grew so much and I was 9 weeks instead of the 7.5 they were expecting. My new due date is Nov 26th which is Thanksgiving. Our perfect little plan was to get pregnant in May and have a baby in January so I could be off for 5 months and then Tristan would be done with school and could watch the baby while I worked until he started grad school. Then I would only work 2 days a week. So since we already messed up that plan by getting pregnant sooner than we thought I should not be surprised that rest of the plan is not working out.

Hopefully I will find a job or they will decide not to let us go afterall. It is really hard to be so excited about the baby when you are so scared and nervous about everything else. But we are really happy to have a little one coming into our family.

15 comments:

Katz said...

Congrats, you guys! I hope they change their mind about your job.

You are in our prayers, as always.

Unknown said...

So excited!!!! You guys will be such awesome parents. Congrats!

[M] said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys. Try not to stress, I'm sure something will work out. And babies always come when they are supposed to and not when we plan for them to come. We've made tons of baby plans but ours NEVER come when we plan for them to. Majorly frustrating. Can't wait to hear all about your pregnancy. Hope you are feeling ok...

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

Congratulations! I am sure that everything will work out for you. You are such a great person and I know you are so giving. It will all work out. You guys are going to have one beautiful little baby. I will keep you in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the baby! You guys will be awesome parents! I hope everything works out with the job situation. Don't you wish that the Lord just told us what his plan is and why? I'm sure everything will work out... it always does :)

Deanna said...

Congratulations! That's so wonderful. I know it can be stressful trying to work out the necessary details, but hang in there and try to enjoy your pregnancy. Eric lost his job 2 weeks before Ian was due, so I know the upheaval things things can cause. Praying the perfect solution presents itself! (And I'm just two weeks ahead of you... due Nov.15)! :-)

Cindy said...

Oh Cherise! I'm so excited for you guys. We've been dealing with similar things. Natalie is pregnant and due on the 16th of November! She is very sick, moving, internships, finals, computer breaking during finals, one more year of law school, cramping, and on and on. I'm so sorry about your job!!! That kind of stress looms large. It's a scary time, but I do know that somehow it will all work out. Heavenly Father knows you two and is mindful of you.

The Popes said...

Congratulations on the BABY! We are super excited for you two. Stew says, "the surgery for Tristan must of worked." We miss you guys.

Dianna said...

Here's what I know FOR SURE: EVERYTHING, ALL of it will work out. Faith gets tested in the most unexpected ways. But you guys made a choice to bring a little one into the world and I know you'll be incredibly blessed for it. You've done lots of hard things, and you'll make it through this hard thing fabulously too -- and with a cute little one to show for it! Congratulations Cherise and Tristan. You guys are going to be GREAT parents!

Mindi said...

Congrats and hang in there!! If I have learned anything over these last four years...it is that it all has a way of working out!! Keep smiling! (Hope you aren't sick)!

rawhide said...

yeah for babies...i'm excited for you guys....good luck and i hope you are not too sick. and hopefully you can keep your job or at least one at the same hospital!!!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

That is wonderful news about your pregnancy. I hope all goes well. You truly deserve it. I'm so sorry about all the other stuff. Not only will heather be in our prayers, but you will be too.

Crissy said...

Congratulations! This is awesome news. The title to this post is so true and all you can do is keep the faith. Deciding when to start your family is pretty hard and you will be blessed for making this decision...not that it will be easy and you won't have your fair share of troubles, but you will be blessed more than you even know. You will be wonderful parents. Hang in there and best of luck in the job hunt (praying that you can keep the one you have though).

tabaccofamily said...

Cherise,
Congrats on the new little peanut. (That's what I think they look like anyways.) Everything always works out.. you'll see. It did for us. We have 3 now. Its good to hear how you and your family are doing!

Ligia said...

With babies, all our perfect little plans go out the window. I hate to sound like a broken record to all your previous comments, but I just wanted to say Congrats! My husband and I were almost completely broke when we first started our little family and have somehow managed. The Lord hasn't let us down. Thanx for sharing all your thoughts. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets super nervous for a new baby.