Who would have thought that the girl that blogged about once a month would be so devoted. Scott asked me today how i find the time to blog. Funny how i was not quite so busy before but never blogged and now i am in constant chaos yet i manage to do these updates. My husband hates all my spelling errors and that i don't capitalize the letter i and first names in these posts. please note i write these late at night as fast as my fingers will type and don't proofread.
Not much to say today. They kept Heather on the breathing machine over night and sedated. The neurosurgeon came today and like the pressures inside her head and all her numbers and vital signs. They decided it was ok to let her breathe on her own. I got there abouty 1:00 today as i had to prep for my class i teach at long beach today. She still had the big breathing tube in her mouth and it was so hard to look at her like that. She was mouthing things to me but i could not make out what she was saying. She wanted that tube out. They took it out and when they asked if it was better now she said yes. Music to my ears!!!! I was able to talk with Heather and she said she did not want to hear about her surgery. SHe told me she could not walk still. HELLO! You just had brain surgery like 16 hours ago are you crazy? I told her it would take some time to build that up and she would not get some strength back for the next few days. I could only visit for an hour today. I have been at work all night but called my parents to see how heather is doing and they said Scott told them she is getting back to her old self as she is ordering him around. Bet he has never been that excited to be bossed around by his wife.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Day 8
Posted by cherise and Tristan at 11:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm glad the surgery went well. That's terrific news. Please tell her hello for me and that she's in our prayers.
Glad to hear the surgery went so well and that she's in such good spirits. We hope things continue to look up.
Awesome! Glad that the surgery was a success! Keep it up Cherise! Hopefully you can get some rest soon! We love and appreciate you.
I rarely leave comments, but I'm always reading your updates on your sister. What a wonderful spirit she has! She's always in my prayers.
Cherise,
My whole family is praying for Heather,you, and your entire family. We appreciate your candidness and we weep with you as we read the updates. I was able to see Heather in the hospital Sunday, she was so positive, it was truly inspiring. Thank you again, please let us know if there is absolutely anything we can do for you or your family. We love you,
Kameron and family
Cherise, to clarify this is Kameron Schambeck-Salo in case you didn't recognize the name. Take good care. Lots of love
Hi Cherise-
I'm a friend of Heather's from college, back when she lived at Chatsworth. I have not kept up with Heather (sad), but I was informed of her condition and have really appreciated your blog. This is absolutely heartbreaking. She is frozen in my mind as the gorgeous bubbly funny happy "Heatha". Nobody ever had a bad thing to say about her. We pray for all of you daily. Please send my love to her. And thanks for the updates. I'm sure its so hard even to write.
Sadness,
Summer Billings Schaefer
Post a Comment