CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Tristan


Today is Tristan's 26th birthday. I am excited because that means as of today I am only one year older than him. Unfortunately that only lasts for two months. It is nice to have a low key weekend and spend time with family, especially since Tristan starts school again tomorrow. He only had two weeks off between summer school and he spent it working, interning, and doing repairs and decorating the house (he hangs things where i tell him to).

We just celebrated our one year anniversary on August 3rd. The picture of the cake above is not actually Tristan's Birthday cake. It is the top of our wedding cake that had been frozen for one year. Surprisingly it was extremely delicious. Tristan and i both looked at each other when we unwrapped it and said, " Did we have a pink wedding cake?" Yep, apparently we did, the frosting was light pink. I guess we could not see that in the photos due to the dimmed lights of the reception.

Having just celebrated our anniversary, and now Tristan's birthday. I would just like to say how grateful I am that I found my husband. It took a long time to find someone I wanted to spend eternity with, but it was definitely worth the wait. I am grateful to heavenly father for getting rid of all the crazies I dated and keeping me around to meet Tristan. I had to wait for him to be old enough to marry since i am the senior of the pair.

2 comments:

Mrs. Haynie said...

love it...im glad you found tristan too. congrats on keeping the cake. since brian and i don't like cake we decided not to keep it and gave it all away to his friends when we got back home :) and um excuse me...what happened to the house pictures?!!!!

Katz said...

congrats on your anniversary and happy birthday to tristan. i've been thinking about you a lot lately. i found tristan on facebook, but i don't think he remembers me. maybe he thinks i'm a stalker.